Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Zucchini Bread Day 2010

Here it is. Zucchini Bread Day 2010. Well, this is really just one of the many days- but alas. I baked up a storm.

So I share, once again, the delicious recipie, with a few changes.

Zucchini Bread
Yields 2 loafs.

Ingredients:
WET
3 beaten eggs
2 cups sugar (whisk/blend well into eggs)
1 cup cooking oil (I use canola)
2 tsp vanilla extract
DRY
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ground cinnamon
0.5 tsp ground nutmeg
0.25 tsp ground cloves
3 cups flour
Add last:
3-4 cup grated zucchini (with rind, loosely packed)
1-1.5 cups chopped nuts (optional) (I use walnuts)
05-1 cupRaisins (optional)


Instructions:
Mix all ingredients together.
(I find that doing it in the order listed, and preparing all the dry ingredients together then slowly adding them to the wet mixture is easiest, but it doesn't matter.)
Grease 2 loaf pans (medium or large size)
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour in the middle of the oven
Cool in the pan first on cooling rack (approx 10 min), loosen sides of loaf from pan with butter knife, remove from pan and finish cooling on cooling rack.


These freeze nicely!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! If you have more zucchini there was a post on a cooking site I love, tastykitchen.com, that featured an abundance of zucchini recipes. I linked it below.

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen-blog/2010/08/great-zukes/

    P.S. I've been anonymously following you for awhile just never added myself to the "follower" thing. I'm slowly learning...Better late than never. :)
    <3 Cousin Ashley

    ReplyDelete