Thursday, July 5, 2012

garage organization mania

Being the poor "before and after" photographer that I am, I don't have a good before picture. Suffice it to say the garage was unorganized and the shelves were these "custom" (I use the word loosely) wooden shelves that were starting to fall apart and were over all not effective.

We decided some good shelves that we could take with us when we move was a good decision, so with the help of my dad and the fine associates at Sams Club I got 2 "muscle rack" shelving units.

I pulled everyone off (which I also did not get a good picture of everything on the garage floor waiting to be reorganized onto the new shelves) and demo'd the old shelves (very gratifying and hopefully calorie burning).

After installing the new shelves, I set about to reorganizing and throwing away. By far, the biggest contribution to the "trash" (really the hazardous materials waste dept) was OLD paint cans left from previous owner(s),

I also finally hung our extra bike from the ceiling and reorganized the way the tools were hanging. It's amazing, if I do say so myself.

To top it all off I (of course) swept thoroughly.

One of the best surprises was the discovery of the only wall outlet in the garage!!! I thought there were none! (there are some outlets on the ceiling where the garage door openers are but that is not user friendly for plugging in chargers, extension cords, etc.). So now I have a hand dandy power strip plugged in and affixed to one of the shelf's poles and have set up a pretty sweet charging area and it also provides easy access for plugging in extension cords and power tools.

Little N and Athena supervised.




we don't need no stinkin' play pen!







No comments:

Post a Comment