Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Manicotti

I made manicotti for the first time last week, using a super simple recipe I found via Pintrest :]
http://www.alidaskitchen.com/2012/08/easy-meatless-manicotti.html?m=1

I follow the recipe except I couldn't figure out how to fit all 14 noodles from the box into the pan, I will have to rethink it next time.

Here are my tips to help

1. Make the cheese mix in a ziploc bag. Put the bag in a bowl or large measuring cup to help it retain a shape while you add ingredients, then close and mash around the mix up. then cut a VERY SMALL piece of one of the corners and use it like a piping bag. You can make this ahead.

2. Insert the tip of the ziploc bag at least an inch into the manicotti noodle then squeeze gently and slowly and the whole noodle will fill up with cheese mix

3. I used ricotta cheese- I love it so much with lasagna

4. I ended up uncovering the manicotti and adding more mozzarella then baking another 10 min for the cheesy bubbly top I desired

5. Measure out the amount of water to add, eyeballing it might end up in a soggy dish

6. Don't be afraid to pump up the flavor in the cheese mix with different spices, S&P, etc

7. I thawed the spinach via microwave (2-3 min or so), initially drained in a colander and pressed out liquid, then wrapped in paper towels to finish pressing out the liquid

enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment