Tuesday, September 22, 2009

crock pot!

I am using my crock pot for the first time. I feel so homey!!!!! It is gloomy and cold outside and I decided to make use of the chicken I had thawed to make something hot and delicious for a filling and healthy dinner.

So tonight I am making Chicken Catchatori.

I looked for some recipes online and then added my own touch too :]


1. Slice 1 large onion thinly and place in bottom of crockpot pan. Cut pieces to whatever size you would like them to be in the final product (slices, diced)

2. Dice raw chicken and place on top of onions.

3. Add the following ingredients on top. You may mix them together separately before adding to crockpot.
a. 1 can tomato sauce
b. 1 can diced tomatos (I used italian flavored ones for extra spice!)
c. oregano (1-2 tsp or just eyeball it)
d. basil (0.5 tsp or eyeball it)
e. celery seed (0.5 tsp or eyeball it)
f. salt and pepper (1 tsp/0.25 tsp respectively/to taste)
g. 1 small can mushrooms (fresh are good also)
h. 1 bay leaf
i. 3-5 crushed cloves of garlic
j. 1-2 stalks celery, diced
k. optional dry red or white wine, about 0.25 cup (I did not personally use this, I didn't want to open a full bottle just for this recipe)

4. cook on LOW for 6-8 hours

(Amendment: after I checked it at 8 hours, it was dryer than I desired. I then added 1 more can of tomato sauce and put on high for 30 min. It turned out more to the consistency I desired after that. You can determine this on your own if you want it more soupy or less watery)

6. serve over noodles or rice


That is the delicious dinner we have in store for tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment