Wednesday, September 23, 2009

zucchini bread, take 2!

Today is day #2 of Zucchini bread making day at my parents. So I am re posting the recipe and some pictures of the bread in progress and finished.

Delicious!





Zucchini Bread
Ingredients:
3 beaten eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup cooking oil (I use canola)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp baking powder
2-3 tsp ground cinnamon (depending on taste)
0.5 tsp ground nutmeg
0.5 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cup grated zucchini (with rind)
1-1.5 cups chopped nuts (optional) (I use walnuts)
1 cup raisins (optional)- I added these in most recently on request from my father
3 cups flour

Instructions:
Mix all ingredients together. I find that doing it in the order listed is easiest, but it doesn't matter.
Lightly grease 2 loaf pans (medium or large size)
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour in the middle of the oven
Cool in the pan first on cooling rack (approx 10 min), loosen sides of loaf from pan with butter knife, remove from pan and finish cooling on cooling rack.
Yields 2 loafs.

These freeze nicely!

1 comment: