Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lia bo bia

from the start, we hit it off as co workers in the fabulous world of Banquet Serving.

she even stayed friends with me when she went back to school and we had an excellent friendship of seeing each other about once every 2 years, but it worked for us.

then she met this cute boy named Peter, and they got hitched, and I got to wear a pretty dress and dance and drink at their wedding. *awwwwwwwwww*

and one day, she was just living her life and then BAM her body was like "oh yea, that being healthy thing? we're over it." so she endured painful test after painful test to find out *thankfully* that everything was fine. But, it really sucked. AND because she was still in Ft Collins at the time, so I didn't even get to bring her soup.

so she pushes on and becomes this amazing cook, moves like a hundred million times (she must be a champion packer), and we continue our excellent relationship of hanging out once every 2 years.

then she moves into the Briarhood with exciting news. But hopes were dashed, dreams were crushed, and now I want to punch the world for her because she just got a really bad deal.

She is the most amazing, strong woman I know that has been given so many obstacles and has leaped over them, seemingly effortless to all of us, but with tons of work behind the scenes.

In the midst of her pain and suffering, she is still celebrating with us.

She loves her doggy just as much as I do. And even after some major medical hurdles, she could probably still kick my butt on a bicycle. she has serious skills.

She makes amazing delicious healthy food and has a marriage stronger than most are after 10 years.

She also planned a wedding in like, no time flat, and it was BEAUTIFUL and PERFECT. Although it is kind of funny that soon after that place got shut down for some shady liquor situation. But it was perfect for them :]

She also was the reason that I have had the best chocolate martini ever.

This is for Lia, a true champion woman, who is an inspiration to all-especially me. Her strength, faith, and humor through continual downfalls is uplifting. And I hope she sees how wonderful she is!

This is also a special mother's day wish for all those women whose children have preceded them into Heaven. They all deserve an extra special hug today.

1 comment:

  1. Kasia, I just logged on to see this. and with my name in the title, how could I resist. Thank you friend, its a beautiful sentiment. (I considered reposting so all my loyal fans can see someone else talking about how fabulous I am... just kidding.) But I wanted to say that I love you and your big ole belly!!!
    And p.s. I hadn't heard it was liquor that got them shut down... Our wedding may have in fact been the "shady liquor situation." hehe :)

    ReplyDelete