Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mommy

This is for my mommy, not only because she is the #1 woman in my life, but also because this week is her birthday AND mother's day.

My mother is INCREDIBLE! and very beautiful





see?

Good thing she gave me some of those good looks.

Here are some things I love best about my mom
1) her hugs (duh right?)
2) her delicious home grown vegetables
3) her AMAZING faith in the LORD which she shared with us
4) her ability to give and give and give of herself
5) her generosity. these may seem the same, but they are different.
6) her delicious taste in beer and wine
7) her legs. they are killer, seriously.
8) her amazing spirit
9) the stories she shares from her childhood
10) our long chats about anything and everything
11) she is always willing to lend a helping hand
12) she gets the organized neat freak part of me
13) her texts. they always have typos but that is the best part!
14) she shares her clothes
15) her patience and understanding
16) she is a fantastic teacher
17) she is going to be the world's greatest grandmother. seriously.
18) she gets excited about the little things with me
19) she is always up for a shopping trip- and helps keep me motivated while shopping!
20) her smile!
21) she always makes you feel better when you are having a bad day
22) she took us on some fabulous camping adventures
23) she let us get really dirty and play in mud puddled and explore the world, instead of keeping us locked up inside
24) the duets we used to play together on the piano
25) jam sessions and harmonizing
26) she understood our complete fascination with lightning bugs when we visited our grandparents, and would stay up late and help us catch them
27) how much she loves her family

Now, there are just a FEW of her amazing traits. I am so blessed to have a wonderful mother who has supported me in everything I have done. I truly am a stronger and better woman because of her, and I can't wait to experience mother-hood with her by my side helping me :]

So here is to my mommy, and to all the mommies out there.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you put her legs in there, because they are awesome. And also, I always thought I'd grow up to fit into her shoes, but it never happened... sheeshda!


    (supcgown)

    ReplyDelete