Tuesday, August 4, 2009

the big day....for a nursing school grad

The big day has come and gone with good results.

The NCELX was last Thursday. Erin and I went together and I was so glad we had each other!!! We said a little prayer before going in.

The test went well for me. I finished in 75 questions and was feeling good about the a positive outcome as a result. Erin stayed for 180 questions and was a nervous wreck when she got out, but I really thought she did fine.

On Saturday, we went up to Leadville and I had cell service and used my on phone internet browser to check my results (I checked every moment until I lost cell service on the way up on Friday) and I PASSED! HOORAY!!!

I of course needed to immediately call Erin, and SHE PASSED TOO!!!!!!!!

I knew she would.

So God blessed us both with PASS as the "unofficial" test results for both of us, hooray.

Now we wait for the test results to get passed on to the State Board of Nursing and for our results to become offical and our licenses to be issued.

I have been following up with Evans Army Hospital and it sounds like I still have a good shot for a position there. I check in with the USAFA today, since it is so much closer, but it sounds like they aren't hiring new grads/civilians or such.

I am so happy that the test is over and "normal" life can resume! I almost didn't know what to do with myself today that I didn't have to study all day!

So I am quite excited as should be expected, but still a little nervous about having to become an acutal nurse. ACK!

It will all work out.

So for now I stay at the Marriott and try to catch up around the house and get some projects done after I finish cleaning/organizing from the crazyness from before the test and from going camping right after. We actually may have groceries in the house this week haha :]

No comments:

Post a Comment