Tuesday, August 4, 2009

camp away

I pretty much had a bad attitude about going camping this past weekend since it was right after the test but it turned out to be a lot of fun, even though I had some crazy asthma attack/altitude reaction that I've never had when hiking that ended up in searing headache from hypoxia and feeling like a vice was on my chest all the time. Uphill was awful.

I was really hurting but pushing along, but going slow. Tony was so great and would stop and wait for me and eventually when Nate and Matt sped ahead of us, he offered to let me stop and wait for him to catch up with Nate and Matt to tell them we were going back.

It was great. After resting it was much better, but I would still get severely winded with any exertion.

Makes me sort of sad to think maybe I can't really handle altitude like a good Colorado girl.

Anyways, camping was fun. We went to a place on Highway 24 between Minturn and Leadville where Camp Hale used to be, which was even cooler given Tony being in the Army National Guard. We even stopped by the 10th Mountain Division memorial.

It was beautiful! Everywhere! We even cheated a went to Leadville for Margs and Mexican food after the crazy hike (which took it out of everyone, not just me).

In the end it was good to get away and enjoy nature, even though it was overwhelming when we got home with all the mess that was left from packing so quickly after the test, but today was a nice little catch up and lazy day and tomorrow I will finish up and get back to it all.

Enjoy the pictures!
























No comments:

Post a Comment